Defective Products Lawsuits
- Defective Products Lawyer
People buy products to serve a need or to satisfy a want. However, not all products serve their purpose well. In the most unfortunate event, people may even suffer a severe injury because of a defective merchandise. If you or a loved one has been hurt because of a product that you have purchased, consult with the personal injury lawyer at Gregory Spektor & Associates P.C. We know the physical and emotional strain defective products can cause, especially if the victim is a toddler or infant. This is why we make sure that our clients get a favorable settlement in their defective product lawsuits.
- Product Liability Categories
Medical devices, vehicles, baby and kids products, drugs, chemicals and materials, food, and consumer products are among the commodities that get involved in a wide range of defective product cases. However, liability claims only fall under three categories.
- 1. The product is defectively manufactured - this is the most obvious type of liability claim. The product involved may be different from the others of the same make which may be caused by an error in production. The consumer is the one who suffers because of this.
- 2. The product design is faulty - in this type of claim, the entire product line is faulty or poses a danger to its users even when produced according to its specification.
- 3. Warnings and instruction manuals are inadequately included in the product packaging - in this type of claim, the product involved is improperly labeled, does not come with an instruction for proper use, or has inadequate safety warnings.
Much as the manufacturers want to keep their products safe for public use, accidents that arise from their negligence are inevitable. This is why the attorneys at Gregory Spektor & Associates P.C. go out of their way to help the buying public know their legal rights.
- Parties Responsible for Product Liability
Who are the people liable for a defective merchandise? The liability for a defective product could rest with any party in its distribution chain. These include:
- The manufacturer of the product
- The manufacturer of its component parts
- The assembler or installer of the product
- The wholesaler
- The retail store where the product was bought
Filing for a defective product lawsuit may seem difficult but not with the help of the professional lawyers from our law firm. So, if you want to take a legal recourse for the injuries that you or a loved one has suffered from a defective product, you can never go wrong with Gregory Spektor & Associates P.C. We are experienced in assessing all types of defective product accidents in New York City and will never fail to leave you satisfied.
Gregory Spektor & Associates helped me litigate
my work injury issue. All the attorneys at the office are extremely knowledgeable. Thanks!
I brought my medical malpractice case to Gregory Spektor and he treated it with the utmost attention.
I felt like I was a relative and not just a client. Thanks a million Greg!
From the momemnt I called for consulation I felt that this is a great practice.
I was never pressured into anything and was treated with the respect.
My case was handled with the greatest attention to detail.