Medical Malpractice Lawsuits
- Medical Malpractice Lawyer
People are susceptible to diseases and illnesses. After all, we are only human. When we seek the treatment of health care professionals, we put our trust in them, fully believing that they can help us get well. Much as we hate to admit, doctors and other medical professionals make mistakes. Because of this, instead of helping people heal, they push them further into health risks. Whether an accident or because of negligence, the victim has to suffer the consequence. Here at Gregory Spektor & Associates P.C., we know how hard it is to be a victim of a medical error. This is why our personal injury lawyers go out their way to help people get a favorable settlement from their medical malpractice claims.
- Types of Medical Malpractice and Errors
As a rule, doctors are required to practice proper care standards when treating their patients. When their negligence results in their patient's constant pain and physical impairment, they can be liable for medical malpractice. Here are the most common types of medical errors:
- Misdiagnosis - According to the Medical Malpractice Center, there are about 80,000 to 100,000 misdiagnosis cases in the USA yearly. This happens when a person is incorrectly diagnosed resulting in unnecessary or incorrect treatment, or not at all.
- Surgical malpractice - When an error is made during a surgical procedure, all the people involved are liable for surgical malpractice. Anesthesiologists who administer too little or too much anesthesia and fail to monitor the patient's vital signs during an operation during surgery make them liable for anesthesia malpractice. When a robotic device used on a patient malfunctions during surgery, the victim can file a case of robotic surgery malpractice and medical product liability claim at the same time.
- Hospital malpractice - No matter how hectic their schedule may be, hospital employees and emergency room staff are expected not to make errors that can cause more harm to their patients. Discharging a patient too soon which results in their further relapse also makes the hospital accountable.
- Medication error - When patients are given the wrong drug prescription or dosage, the doctors are held liable for their medication errors.
Birth injuries, X-ray radiation overdose, practicing without a license, and confidentiality breaches are also categorized under medical malpractice. If you or a family member's life is threatened because your doctor's negligence, let the personal injury attorney at Gregory Spektor & Associates P.C. help you take legal action so you can focus on recovering and getting back on your feet.
If you live in the neighborhoods of Rosedale, Jamaica, Far Rockaway, Saint Albans, Springfield Gardens, South Ozone Park, Laurelton, Valley Stream. Lynbrook, East Rockaway, Queens, and Long Island, we can help.
Gregory Spektor & Associates helped me litigate
my work injury issue. All the attorneys at the office are extremely knowledgeable. Thanks!
I brought my medical malpractice case to Gregory Spektor and he treated it with the utmost attention.
I felt like I was a relative and not just a client. Thanks a million Greg!
From the momemnt I called for consulation I felt that this is a great practice.
I was never pressured into anything and was treated with the respect.
My case was handled with the greatest attention to detail.